Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shivering in the shelter.

Markus went to study in Israel - and landed in the war. In Sderot hit near rocket that went to the University of Israelis and Palestinians each other going - and Rona wanted after the first kiss has nothing more from him. Part two of the diary from Jerusalem.

 

Monday, 3 November


"If you kiss a Jew, then do you think of the Holocaust?", A friend asked me before I went to Israel. Since yesterday night, I know: no. Let us call them Rona. We dance, and then the night is so cold and the road so far - so we go together. As I wander back home, the muezzin calls to prayer early: "Allah is great", he sings, and "prayer is better than sleep."


PICTURES FROM JERUSALEM TRAVEL


Impressive photos of a fascinating city


About the minarets of Jerusalem in the east, the sun. Many hours later I sit at the breakfast table, a text message from Rona: "I think I was too drunk yesterday." Maybe she had to think of the Holocaust, when we kissed?


Tuesday, 4 November


My birthday. Friends come evening. Every Israeli can easily remember my birthday: On 4 November 1995, Prime Minister Rabin assassinated Jizchak. With him died the hope for peace between Israelis and Palestinians, many say.

The United States today to choose their president. My WG has been weeks in Obama fever. Shuki and Esther are in the U.S. grew, but now the Israelis. Today they are 100 percent American. Many Jews in America and Israel are more for McCain, stood in the Israeli newspaper "Haaretz". They are afraid that Obama is not as unconditionally on the side of Israel will be like McCain. Esther and Shuki see things differently. Three o clock the morning goes to Pennsylvania Obama, I do break down, must go to bed. Esther says: "It's okay. You're not Americans." When I am standing up, she lies on the couch and sleeps, the two laptops are still running. Obama is the 44th President of the United States.


UNIblogs 1 / 2009

TITLE
Play me the song of death
A music scholar doctorate on Death Metal


Content

Friday 28 November


Ron and Lenny, I have met in a bar, look at football. Ron had a brown football jersey, with a circular club coat of arms at the top of the left breast, that of the FC St. Pauli. Today, Lenny with me to the St. Pauli of Jerusalem, his club Hapoel Katamon. We are in the "Teddy Stadium", which also plays Beitar Jerusalem - "the rights," says Lenny. They are racists, stupid, and one of them had killed Rabin. "Actually, we hate them almost more than we love our club."

Hapoel Katamon only plays in the fourth league, but in the stands, the fans properly mood: black-red-white flags everywhere, with student-Che Guevara shirts, Palestinian scarves, jerseys from European and South American clubs, hippies, students, many women - Arab and Jewish teenagers together. All cry: "Jalla Hapoel," Next!

In the pub after the game we will discuss over the Middle East conflict, which almost inevitably comes. Lenny says: "I believe we need a strong army to defend our country. But I do not think they in the West Bank are, in order to protect settlers. And I believe that we the Gaza Strip, three years could not have been allowed to leave. "


Every day in the newspaper that again five or ten missiles are set in Sderot, Netivot and other Israeli towns around Gaza - the Israeli army responded with retaliatory strikes.

This afternoon Lenny still has a friend in the hospital in the service as a soldier by a Kassam rocket hit. "Maybe he will only have one leg," says Lenny. If I hear him talk, easily procure me the feeling that he was a peace is not really believe.

He pulls in two weeks after Amsterdam: "It is high time, now live elsewhere."


Friday, 5 December


Two months Jerusalem: The city tears every day on my nerves, I shall enter into force before the knee, kissing me to sleep, schnauzt my face, pushed me from behind, is funny, one hours talking about the ancestors who were murdered in Auschwitz . Until I no longer can, and put me in the taxi, to Tel Aviv, to the beach, shoes off and feet into the sea. When the evening I sit on my bed, I wish sometimes a second head for the night, so I can sleep at least - and the humming stops sometime.


Wednesday, 24 December

In the case of "guilt, O ye faithful" opens the guy behind me noisily a bottle of mineral water. True but I'm annoyed when he was reading the Bible while on his mobile phone herumtippt: "Hello, Nitzan, sitting right at the Germans in the church. Now reads the nun," or so. Christmas Eve in the German Church of the Redeemer in the Old Town, which means service under observation. The church is completely groundbreaking. At a German here, two Israeli tourists, the "Church hoppers". They go from one church to another in order to get, just what Christians are doing Christmas Eve. In the middle of the sermon, they push on and to the exit. At midnight begins elsewhere the next service. Finally, when a tour in Tel Aviv lot of money paid for the night.

After the "O thou joyful" meet all Germans under thirty in front of the main portal. We wander through the night after Betlehem. We are about 50 volunteers, students, Zivis. We stomp the south, as Joseph and Mary once, if you believe the Bible. It's cold, dark, and it's raining. Vorneweg marches Pastor Michael Wohlrab. Bethlehem is located in the West Bank, so we have an Israeli checkpoint, through the gray-meter high wall, the "Peace Wall".

It is three o 'clock at night, as we in the Church arrive. We look at the cave in which Jesus was born to be, where it pushes the envoys of the pope in Bethlehem with four other Catholic priests, it is a tiny cave. They sing, then they close their eyes and pray. We go into a side aisle of the church, and Pastor Wohlrab true again "O thou joyful" to.

When I'm back home, I read that today, around 60 rockets from Gaza into Israel are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment